Page 1 of 3
UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2026 4:01 pm
by deler123-+
Hi, all members
I would like to create the following system using the latest version of BootIt® Collection
First, I want to install Windows 10 Pro x64 on one SSD (4TB),
and then create 10 partitions by copying the installed Windows partition.
Then there will be 10 partitions with Windows installed, right?
This is the system I want.
*My Laptop Hardware Specs*
(1) Brand & Model: Lenovo Yoga 7 16IAH7 - Type 82UF
(2) BIOS : UEFI
(3) CPU : Intel i7 12th Gen
(4) SSD : Samsung 990 Pro (PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD)
(5) Memory : 16GB
(6) Drive Type : GPT
Everyone! Is this possible?
I downloaded and reviewed the manual, but the explanation is insufficient.
I also searched for information on forums, but...
I ask for advice from experts.
Thank you.
deler123
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2026 11:26 pm
by Brian K
deler123,
Yes, that's possible. After installing BIU to the empty drive, resize your ESP to 1000 MiB. 400 MiB might not be large enough for 10 booting files.
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 2:09 pm
by deler123-+
Thank you, Brian K.
Is there a video tutorial available for creating this type of project?
For reference, the SSD I have has a capacity of 4TB.
I have a follow-up question:
Can I restore an Acronis True Image backup file (.tib)
to a partition created using BootIt® Collection?
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 8:18 am
by Brian K
deler123,
Have you started the project yet? Have you installed BIU and the first Win10 Pro?
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 11:21 am
by deler123-+
No.
I’ve ordered a laptop,
and it should arrive in a few days.
Before starting the project,
I think I need to familiarize myself with how to use the BootIt® Collection.
I would appreciate some advice.
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 8:23 pm
by Brian K
I think it's best to give multi stage advice. A little at a time so you and I don't get confused.
Will the laptop have an OS installed or do you plan to install your empty 4 TB SSD and install the OS yourself?
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 2:38 pm
by deler123-+
I plan to install an empty 4TB SSD and install the OS myself.
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 4:41 pm
by TeraByte Support
Back to your original post, when you copy the partitions, tick the box to add to boot menu. But do as was mentioned, ensure you have a fairly large EFI System partition.
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:01 pm
by Brian K
deler123-+ wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2026 2:38 pm
I plan to install an empty 4TB SSD and install the OS myself.
OK. I assume your current computer is a UEFI system. Make a BootIt UEFI USB flash drive (UFD). There are good instructions in the manual. Boot the UFD in your current system but don't select Install. Select Maintenance. This takes you to the BIU desktop. BIU is running from the UFD.
Click Partition Work. The Bus will be OS. If you have more than one Drive, click the drop down arrow to select the drive containing the EFI System Partition. This is just an exercise to prepare you for using BIU on the laptop.
Click Close, Reboot, remove the UFD.
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2026 12:25 am
by Brian K
A good video...
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/
Click BootIt UEFI
Remember, after installing BIU you should resize the EFI System Partition to 1000 MiB. Then install Win10 as per the video.