Page 1 of 1
VMD problem
Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2026 5:54 pm
by Underfon
I have a Windows image created on an older PC that I want to use to restore other PCs. With 12th-generation (and newer) systems, there is an issue where the SSD isn't detected; while loading the VMD driver via TerabyteImage makes the drive visible, attempting to boot into the system results in an "Inaccessible Boot Device" error. How can I inject the VMD driver into the system image?
Re: VMD problem
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2026 10:45 pm
by Brian K
Underfon,
Can you try this....
Make sure you have an Entire Drive Image of the source drive.
Delete the restored partitions from the target drive. Restore the image to Free Space on the target drive. Use IFL or TBWinRE for the restore. DON'T RESTART.
Open OSDTOOL
Remove installed drivers
Install default NVM Express Controller if NVMe drive
Install the VMD driver
Now you can restart. Good luck.