Page 1 of 1

Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2026 9:03 pm
by ohaya1000
Hi,

I just ordered a GMKtec mini PC. Apparently the actual model is "GMKtec NucBox M2 Pro S", and it comes with Windows 11 Pro installed, and I was wondering if any here has used either BIU or maybe BIBM with this machine?

I'll probably do some testing with it with the out-of-box Win 11 Pro, and then do a clean re-install Windows 11 Pro later.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 5:58 am
by TeraByte Support
Looks a lot like the Intel NUC, they operate just like normal PCs.

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 1:30 pm
by ohaya1000
Ok, thanks. Yes I think the original name was that one with "NucBox" in the name.

I will probably upgrade the primary NVME to 2 or 4 TB, so I should use BIU (rather than BIBM) with it, correct?

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:51 pm
by Brian K
BIU. You will have plenty of disk space so I suggest leaving the original Win11 in place. Resize the Win11 partition to a sensible size. Then create a new NTFS partition and install your own Win11.

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 11:54 pm
by TeraByte Support
GPT (UEFI) would use the full size, (E)MBR (legacy) would use up to 2TiB (unless the sector size was > 512 bytes, in which case it would more).

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2026 9:25 pm
by ohaya1000
Just following up. BIU working fine with the GMKtec, which was an M2 Pro, but I am replacing that with an M3 Plus, mainly because the M2 Pro is 4/8 cores/threads, and the M3 Plus will have 14/20 cores/threads (I am trying to use these to host VirtualBox guests).

Jim