Page 1 of 1
Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Posted: Sat May 09, 2026 3:00 pm
by plain
Do I need to disable Trim in my OS's or will it not interfere with BIU?
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Posted: Mon May 11, 2026 7:29 am
by Brian K
plain,
Is TRIM working in BIU?
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2026 1:11 am
by TeraByte Support
You don't need to turn it off.
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2026 7:39 pm
by plain
I didn't look to see if it is enabled in BIU thinking I should find out more info. Thanks for the help.
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Posted: Thu May 14, 2026 6:58 am
by cautiousma
You generally don’t need to disable TRIM in Windows 10 or 11 when using BIU. Modern SSDs handle TRIM properly, and Windows manages it automatically in the background. I’ve been running with TRIM enabled without any noticeable issues or interference.
That said, if you’re doing specific rollback/testing scenarios, it may be worth checking the documentation for your exact setup and SSD model.
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Posted: Wed May 20, 2026 3:47 am
by plain
Okay, Thanks.