Page 1 of 1

Mok errors

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2026 9:30 pm
by db2man
I bought a used laptop that I wanted to completely erase then install BIU, Windows 11 Pro, and Linux Mint. I first reset all BIOS settings to default and disabled Secure Boot. I deleted all partitions using BIU 2.10, then installed it to the SSD using defaults. Then, according to the BIU manual, I created the Windows partition in BIU and set it up in Boot Edit. I pointed the boot loader to the ESP. Then when I attempt to boot that menu item I receive the following error messages. This also happens when I simulate the boot.

Could not create MokListRT: Volume Full
Could not create MokListXRT: Volume Full
Could not create SbatLevelRT: Volume Full
Could not create MokListTrustedRT: Volume Full
Something has gone seriously wrong: import_mok_state() failed: Volume Full

I increased the size of the ESP to 1GB but get the same errors. Anyone know what these error indicate?

Re: Mok errors

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2026 10:18 pm
by TeraByte Support
for UEFI you don't create the boot item manually, you install the OS. See the BIU example at https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/

Re: Mok errors

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2026 6:44 am
by Brian K
Do you get the errors after enabling Secure Boot?

Re: Mok errors

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2026 9:35 am
by resistancesecondary
That's right, this error looks a bit scary, but it's usually due to full UEFI NVRAM, not ESP 😅 Try resetting Secure Boot keys or deleting old boot entries in the BIOS. If Secure Boot is enabled, try disabling it and booting again. For Windows 11 or Linux Mint, it's better to let the installer handle the boot process; don't manually set it in the BIOSGeometry Dash