Page 1 of 1

IFU writing/reading images to/from externalUSB connected BTRFS partitions

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2026 12:16 pm
by brucebne
As the subject indicates, I am interested to know if the latest edition of IFU supports using BTRFS partitions as a backup medium.
I have a registered version of IFU and Bootit UEFI form 2024, but it didn't recognise en external USB connected BTRFS.

IFU would also not write an image to an external USB connected EXT4 partition. But I could write the partition to a local ExT4, then copy it to external EXT4.

Re: IFU writing/reading images to/from externalUSB connected BTRFS partitions

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2026 9:09 pm
by TeraByte Support
you can write to FAT/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS/Ext 2/3/4. All support for disk IO comes from your UEFI firmware.

If you want BTRFS then use Image for Linux and mount it in linux and save using the "file" option rather than "direct".