Need the name and key that was splashed on the screen not the one from the email
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2026 8:53 pm
All,
Had to install Windows 11 from scratch on this machine because the in-place upgrade was useless. Decided to buy a new license for Image for Windows rather than dig through all of the emails with licenses to guess which one went with the image on this machine.
Made the mistake of filling in the optional company name during checkout.
What splashed on the screen and I scraped into an editor was my name and a key. I didn't save that to a text file. Machine wanted to reboot after I made the Linux and UEFI boot media. That name and key worked for those.
The name that came in the email was [the company name]
I do not know if the key value is the same. What I do know is it most definitely does not work.
Tuesday, February 10, 2026
Had to install Windows 11 from scratch on this machine because the in-place upgrade was useless. Decided to buy a new license for Image for Windows rather than dig through all of the emails with licenses to guess which one went with the image on this machine.
Made the mistake of filling in the optional company name during checkout.
What splashed on the screen and I scraped into an editor was my name and a key. I didn't save that to a text file. Machine wanted to reboot after I made the Linux and UEFI boot media. That name and key worked for those.
The name that came in the email was [the company name]
I do not know if the key value is the same. What I do know is it most definitely does not work.
Tuesday, February 10, 2026