Differential backups with Image for Linux
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2026 9:44 pm
Hi,
I want to backup my Linux Mint 22.2 PC.
I have done so several times with IFL (latest version I tried is 4.09). It all works well but, after a full backup and creating Metadata/CRC, using "Changes Only" doesn't change either the size or the time needed to perform a differential backup compared to a new full backup.
As if changes only only works for NTFS partition while here it's an ext4 partition.
Is this normal ?
Thanks.
.merle1.
I want to backup my Linux Mint 22.2 PC.
I have done so several times with IFL (latest version I tried is 4.09). It all works well but, after a full backup and creating Metadata/CRC, using "Changes Only" doesn't change either the size or the time needed to perform a differential backup compared to a new full backup.
As if changes only only works for NTFS partition while here it's an ext4 partition.
Is this normal ?
Thanks.
.merle1.