Is BIU able to generate/output some kind of checksum when it images?
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2026 5:15 pm
Hi,
I use only the imaging that is included in BIU to image my partitions/hard drives (e.g., entire disk), and I was wondering if there is a way that BIU can output some kind of checksum that can later be used to re-validate the .tbi file?
Most recently, I have been using md5sums.exe after the image/.tbi file has been made by BIU, but for really large .tbi (like > 400GB), running the md5sums can take a really long time (plus it pretty much ties up my machine while it is calculating).
I am curious how you all are accomplishing this now?
Thanks, and BTW, slightly belated Happy New Year!!
Jim
P.S. When I do the imaging in BIU, I only choose "Validate" and not byte-by-byte (that would take really long time)
I use only the imaging that is included in BIU to image my partitions/hard drives (e.g., entire disk), and I was wondering if there is a way that BIU can output some kind of checksum that can later be used to re-validate the .tbi file?
Most recently, I have been using md5sums.exe after the image/.tbi file has been made by BIU, but for really large .tbi (like > 400GB), running the md5sums can take a really long time (plus it pretty much ties up my machine while it is calculating).
I am curious how you all are accomplishing this now?
Thanks, and BTW, slightly belated Happy New Year!!
Jim
P.S. When I do the imaging in BIU, I only choose "Validate" and not byte-by-byte (that would take really long time)