Page 1 of 1
If TBIView opens a .tbi file successfully, does that mean it validated the file?
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2026 5:07 pm
by ohaya1000
Hi,
I have a question about TBIView.... If I use TBIView and I attempt to open a .tbi file and TBIView opens that file successfully, does that mean that TBIView has validated the .tbi file?
Re: If TBIView opens a .tbi file successfully, does that mean it validated the file?
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2026 12:24 am
by OldNavyGuy
The way I would do a validation on a .tbi file I wasn't sure about is -
1. Run Validate from the IFW menu.
2. When the .tbi file is open, recover a few files to a neutral location, and then use a tool like Beyond Compare to compare the contents of the originals to the recovered files.
3. Use something like 7-Zip to get the SHA-256 hash of the recovered files, and compare to the hash of the originals.
Re: If TBIView opens a .tbi file successfully, does that mean it validated the file?
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2026 12:37 am
by TeraByte Support
ohaya1000 wrote: Sat Jan 03, 2026 5:07 pm
Hi,
I have a question about TBIView.... If I use TBIView and I attempt to open a .tbi file and TBIView opens that file successfully, does that mean that TBIView has validated the .tbi file?
No, it's not anything like validate or validate byte for byte in the imaging programs.