Page 1 of 2

Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2025 8:38 pm
by luca.rings
I need to have 2 W11 on the same PC but on different SSD
I have installed W11 on each SSD
On the 1sth SSD W11 I can see a MS Reserved Partition, the data and bootable partition and another partition called Windows RE
On the 2nd SSD W!! I can see only a MS Reserved Partition and the data bootable partition
WHY ?
The strange is that on the 1sth W11 I can find the Bootable partition in HIDE atomatically every time i'm starting the 2nd W11
WHY that ?
I done some mistake ?

Tks

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2025 8:51 pm
by luca.rings
Other photo

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2025 4:28 am
by Brian K
luca.rings, can you give labels to the two RE partitions. It will make it easier to read the partitions. Rather than having a blank label.

Can you scroll down and show us the partitions for HD 1. On the Microsoft.002 shot.

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2025 10:18 am
by luca.rings
Tks

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2025 8:03 pm
by Brian K
The Games partition should be hidden when you boot Home.
The Home partition should be hidden when you boot Games.
That has been done.

You don't need to hide the MSR or the Recovery partition.
Is there a problem?

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2025 9:45 pm
by Brian K
Also, having a tick in MS: Hidden prevents that partition from loading into Windows.

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2025 9:04 am
by luca.rings
You are right, Games partition hidden when i boot Home and Home hidden when i boot Games
and it's working well for Games partition
I explain, if I boot HOME partition 1th time it's ok i can work and a i can do restart or Shutdown without any problem
Also if i boot GAMES partition for the 1th time all it's ok
The issue happen if after boot GAMES i need to go to HOME with a restart, because i will find a tick on the MS:Hidden parameter of the HOME partition so i can't boot it !
The only solution is to go in the Partition Manager and deselect the MS:Hidden
BUT WHY after boot in GAMES automatically the HOME partition will have a tick on the MS:Hidden parameter ? :?: :?:
The strange is also that the issue is not happen if I boot GAMES and after i will restart to HOME :?: :?

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2025 1:05 pm
by Brian K
In the Boot Items. Check the Properties of the Home partition. Do you have any Flags set? They aren't needed.

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2025 3:25 pm
by Bob Coleman
luca.rings wrote: Fri Dec 26, 2025 9:04 am The issue happen if after boot GAMES i need to go to HOME with a restart, ...

The strange is also that the issue is not happen if I boot GAMES and after i will restart to HOME
I don't understand. What's the difference between these two actions?

Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2025 8:24 pm
by Brian K
luca.rings,

Would you mind telling us how you solved this issue?