Want to confirm that I should be installing BIU?
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2025 4:24 pm
Hi,
I have a Dell Precision laptop that originally was running Windows 10 Pro and I had BIBM installed on it, and I just installed Windows 11 Pro on it in place of the Windows 10 Pro, and when I installed Win11, I had to change the Dell BIOS from "Legacy" mode to "UEFI, with Secure Boot=OFF".
I had to clean out the entire drive that it was installed on, but I want to put a boot manager back on it now that Windows 11 is running, so I was wondering if I should be installing BIU instead of BIBM?
The machine has 2 1TB drives:
Drive 0: data files only (no OS) - is MBR
Drive 1: where Win11 currently is installed - is GPT.
Thanks,
Jim
I have a Dell Precision laptop that originally was running Windows 10 Pro and I had BIBM installed on it, and I just installed Windows 11 Pro on it in place of the Windows 10 Pro, and when I installed Win11, I had to change the Dell BIOS from "Legacy" mode to "UEFI, with Secure Boot=OFF".
I had to clean out the entire drive that it was installed on, but I want to put a boot manager back on it now that Windows 11 is running, so I was wondering if I should be installing BIU instead of BIBM?
The machine has 2 1TB drives:
Drive 0: data files only (no OS) - is MBR
Drive 1: where Win11 currently is installed - is GPT.
Thanks,
Jim