Why would Asus Armoury Crate installer disable BIU?
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2025 12:47 am
Hi,
The tower machine that I mentioned earlier is a "Powerspec G725" (Powerspec is apparently owned by MicroCenter), and this machine uses an ASUS motherboard. Asus has a app called "Armoury Crate" that, comes with the G725 but is not installed, so when you run Armoury Crate the 1st time, it lauches an installer that then installs Armoury Crate app plus some optional extensions.
I am not that familiar with more recent Asus mobos, so this is the first time I am working with this.
Anyway I had installed BIU on the machine, and it was working, and then I started Armoury Crate because among the things that the app does is it controls the lighting in the computer (the fans, etc.), and after Armoury Crate got installed, I notice that BIU was not run during reboots, and I was wondering if anyone here might know what the Armoury Crate installer might have done to disable BIU, and also, "Why?".
I am going to try to re-activate BIU and see what happens.
Thanks,
Jim
The tower machine that I mentioned earlier is a "Powerspec G725" (Powerspec is apparently owned by MicroCenter), and this machine uses an ASUS motherboard. Asus has a app called "Armoury Crate" that, comes with the G725 but is not installed, so when you run Armoury Crate the 1st time, it lauches an installer that then installs Armoury Crate app plus some optional extensions.
I am not that familiar with more recent Asus mobos, so this is the first time I am working with this.
Anyway I had installed BIU on the machine, and it was working, and then I started Armoury Crate because among the things that the app does is it controls the lighting in the computer (the fans, etc.), and after Armoury Crate got installed, I notice that BIU was not run during reboots, and I was wondering if anyone here might know what the Armoury Crate installer might have done to disable BIU, and also, "Why?".
I am going to try to re-activate BIU and see what happens.
Thanks,
Jim