Page 1 of 1

"Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 9:59 pm
by skipro
When pasting copied OS partition on HD1 to a space on HD1, the "Add to boot menu" option is greyed out.
I have Bootit managing partitions.

Re: "Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2025 2:06 am
by Brian K
Are you copying a Linux partition? Or a Bitlocker partition?

Re: "Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2025 6:34 pm
by skipro
No, standard Win 11.
This is a backup of the primary OS. Thsere was a working copy that I deleted and recopied/pasted for an update. The EFI was already setup and working for the original copy situated on the same location. Would this affect this issue?
This is not the first time I have seen this.

Re: "Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2025 8:21 pm
by TeraByte Support
is the EFI system partition on the same drive?

Re: "Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2025 5:40 pm
by skipro
I think so, computer unavailable to verify.
I had no problem modifying EFI because even though the partition name was the same, it did not carry over to the EFI file.
Fixboot had no issue seeing the partition.

Why does the location of the EFI system partition matter?
What are the circumstances that would make "Add to boot menu" option unavailable?