[SOLVED] Need assistance with cloning a FAT16 CF card
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2025 4:09 pm
Happy Monday, folks.
After a brief scare with an application crash on one of our aging production machines, I've been tasked with making a copy of said machine's storage media in the event that the original media is beginning to fail. Nonetheless, this has not been an easy process.
In brief, I'm attempting to clone a 128MB CompactFlash card onto a 1GB card, but I keep hitting a wall with getting any sort of clone to successfully boot. This is a Windows NT 4 Embedded installation with an OS partition and a data/app partition. So far, my attempts result in the BIOS reaching the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" stage before returning an "NTDLR not found" or "Error loading operating system" message.
Anyone have any ideas as to what switches I need to flick in IFW in order to properly clone this drive into a bootable state?
After a brief scare with an application crash on one of our aging production machines, I've been tasked with making a copy of said machine's storage media in the event that the original media is beginning to fail. Nonetheless, this has not been an easy process.
In brief, I'm attempting to clone a 128MB CompactFlash card onto a 1GB card, but I keep hitting a wall with getting any sort of clone to successfully boot. This is a Windows NT 4 Embedded installation with an OS partition and a data/app partition. So far, my attempts result in the BIOS reaching the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" stage before returning an "NTDLR not found" or "Error loading operating system" message.
Anyone have any ideas as to what switches I need to flick in IFW in order to properly clone this drive into a bootable state?