Hi - I do full backup once a week, differentials on the other 6 days. My differential from last night failed with the error in the subject. I tried interactively this morning - same error. (I get it as soon as I enter the password on the full-backup it references). I'm running Windows 11 Home, and there was an update yesterday. I believe that for differentials, IFW gets it's target (what to backup) from the full backup file. Is it possible the windows update somehow changed my system so IFW can't identify the source disk? (so a new full backup will fix it?) Otherwise - what is going on here?
Thanks!
/j
PS - I downloaded and updated to 4.07, same problem.
PPS - if I install the GUI version - it also updates the Command Line version, right?
"Unable to determine source drive. 0 possible devices found", Help??
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: "Unable to determine source drive. 0 possible devices found", Help??
See the /relax options in the manual, but yes, you may need to create a new full. Something changed on the source.
Re: "Unable to determine source drive. 0 possible devices found", Help??
Thank You! And thanks for the quick answer. - Good to know - I'll try it I honestly thought i was going to look in the manual for "relax" to find a paragraph about "if the backup doesn't work, don't sweat it, life is too short" (e.g., "relax") 
one more thing? if I install the GUI version - it also updates the Command Line version, right?
one more thing? if I install the GUI version - it also updates the Command Line version, right?
Re: "Unable to determine source drive. 0 possible devices found", Help??
no forms of relax helped. A new full backup fixed it. Thanks
/j
/j