DVD DL Boot Issues
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 am
I have a new HP portable PC that I am helping a neighbor configure. I am trying to use IFL to create backups of the WIN7 partition.
I created a backup of the WIN7 partition to DVD+R DL discs. The discs were created with IFL 2.69 using Validate Disk no errors. Disc 1 will not boot the HP PC. If I place disc 1 in my desktop PC it boots with no problem. So – either the HP PC will not boot from a DVD+R DL disc or there is some strange error on the disc.
I then used the HP PC to execute IFL Makedisk to create an IFL 2.70 DVD+R DL boot disc. It will boot on the HP PC with no problem. So - the HP PC can boot from a DVD+R DL disc.
I then created a second full backup of the WIN7 partition using IFL 2.69 to another set of DVD+R DL discs on the HP PC. Again, it will not boot on the HP PC but will boot on my desktop PC.
I then created a third full backup of the WIN7 partition using IFL 2.70 to another set of DVD+R DL discs on the HP PC. It also will not boot on the HP PC but will boot on my desktop PC.
Why will the DVD+R DL disc created with Makedisk boot on the HP PC – but the DVD+R DL backup restore disc created with IFL will not boot on the HP PC?
I created a backup of the WIN7 partition to DVD+R DL discs. The discs were created with IFL 2.69 using Validate Disk no errors. Disc 1 will not boot the HP PC. If I place disc 1 in my desktop PC it boots with no problem. So – either the HP PC will not boot from a DVD+R DL disc or there is some strange error on the disc.
I then used the HP PC to execute IFL Makedisk to create an IFL 2.70 DVD+R DL boot disc. It will boot on the HP PC with no problem. So - the HP PC can boot from a DVD+R DL disc.
I then created a second full backup of the WIN7 partition using IFL 2.69 to another set of DVD+R DL discs on the HP PC. Again, it will not boot on the HP PC but will boot on my desktop PC.
I then created a third full backup of the WIN7 partition using IFL 2.70 to another set of DVD+R DL discs on the HP PC. It also will not boot on the HP PC but will boot on my desktop PC.
Why will the DVD+R DL disc created with Makedisk boot on the HP PC – but the DVD+R DL backup restore disc created with IFL will not boot on the HP PC?