Page 1 of 1

Cascading IFWRotate Backups

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2025 3:12 pm
by RCFitzhugh52673
I have several machines running IFWRotate backing up to a server. I have excellent backup success when they are run sequentially. I currently have this setup through task scheduler. What I am looking for is the position in the IFWRotate script that can call the next IFWRotate task in series once the first IFWRotate completes with or without an error. Anyone have that and any command sequence needed? Thanks

Re: Cascading IFWRotate Backups

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2025 5:46 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Assuming you're running them on the same system, you would create a new .cmd script that calls your IFWRotate scripts in the order you want them to run. For example, create RunAllBackups.cmd that runs two IFWRotate scripts:

Code: Select all

call "e:\myscripts\backupwin10.cmd"
call "e:\myscripts\backupdata.cmd"
Then schedule RunAllBackups.cmd to run at the desired time.

Re: Cascading IFWRotate Backups

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2025 6:54 pm
by RCFitzhugh52673
Simply cascading the commands only executes the first script. There needs to be someplace for the first script to complete and call the second.

Re: Cascading IFWRotate Backups

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2025 8:19 pm
by TeraByte Support
You have to ensure you use "call" with batch files for it to return to the prior batch file.