BIU - Won't Install - Unable to update GPT Entry Flags or Hidden Status (51h)

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Damion888

Post by Damion888 »

Hello,
I'm trying to install BI-UEFI and during the installation I get the ERROR: Unable to update GPT Entry Flags or Hidden Status (51h).

I tried installing with all the defaults. I don't think I even checked a single optional box. It's the 1st time on this drive under it's current configuration, which is, as far as I know and Windows 11 partiton only.

I am able to do a direct boot, from the GUI, but wasn't sure if that was from what was installed on the drive or if that was the Install Media. I guess I'll reboot again to check ;)

TIA!
Last edited by Damion888 on Sun May 26, 2024 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damion888

Post by Damion888 »

Okay. It's just that I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed today! Whoop! :lol: :oops: :lol:

Haven't been using BIU for about 6+ months, just trying to simplify some troubleshooting I had been doing in fending off constant crashes with my hardware. BIU had nothing to do with that issue.

Anyway, after this install, I just lived in this really amazing fantasy that BIU was going to set-up everything up in the Boot Menu for me...on 1st install...no BIU on this drive before...

...well son, the world doesn't work like that.

It's sorted!