Cloning Windows 10 to 2nd internal HDD

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Stardust

Cloning Windows 10 to 2nd internal HDD

Post by Stardust »

Hello,
i have a Panasonic CF-54 (pure uefi so legacy boot is not possibile) with 2 internal hdd (HD0 and HD1) and i installed bootit uefi on HD0 changed dysk type to GPT than i installed Windows 10 Pro with usb stick on same HD0, so all is working good

now HD0 partitions are :
Microsoft Reserved
System (EFI system)
Windows (NTFS/exFAT/HPFS/+)

If i want to clone windows on same HD0 i need to copy only "windows" partition and paste on free space unallocated with tick to "add boot menu" and all went good when i restart pc i can see bootit with 2 OS to choose

Now is the issue i can't solve, if i want to clone windows from HD0 to HD1 and i copy only "windows" partition an error message from bootit at the end of copy comes out (attached photo) about EFI system partition size but i resize the partition to 500 mib and nothing changes same error
What i have to do?
Thanks
Attachments
IMG_5413.jpg
IMG_5413.jpg (250.89 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Bob Coleman

Re: Cloning Windows 10 to 2nd internal HDD

Post by Bob Coleman »

Perhaps the Microsoft Reserved and/or System (EFI system) partitions have to be on the same disk as the Windows partition?

I don't really know.
Brian K

Re: Cloning Windows 10 to 2nd internal HDD

Post by Brian K »

Stardust,

Can you select the EFI partition and click Properties/Details. What is Free and Used?

Can you post a photo of HD1? Partition Work.