Minor Boot Menu query

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
JayW

Minor Boot Menu query

Post by JayW »

Hello,

I have a screen with a native resolution 1920x1200. When using BootIt UEFI with this resolution (selected when creating installation media), the Boot Menu is not centered - see attachment. No big issue of course, but have noticed this for several versions and it's probably a simple one to fix.

In the meantime, thanks for a great suite of products!

Regards,

Jonathan.
Attachments
BootMenu.jpg
BootMenu.jpg (251.29 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
Last edited by JayW on Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeraByte Support

Re: Minor Boot Menu bug

Post by TeraByte Support »

you can move it now and it will save where you moved it, so if you moved it at some point, that's why it did that - you can remove the stuff from bootit.ini that may relate to a screen location.
JayW

Post by JayW »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

At least in my case, moving the Boot Menu window made no difference as it always reverted to the off-centre position seen in my screen pic after each restart.

Following your suggestion I did edit the bootit.ini file and remove the BootMenuXY line, and that caused the Boot Menu window to be centred at the next restart. If I then moved it, once again it wasn't saved but since I would prefer it's always dead centre by default that's no issue, but just to advise that the functionality to save a custom position does not seem to be working for me.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Were you pressing F11 to save the position after moving it? Also, Shift-F11 will reset to the default position (center of screen).
JayW

Post by JayW »

TeraByte Support(PP) wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:30 am Were you pressing F11 to save the position after moving it? Also, Shift-F11 will reset to the default position (center of screen).
Nope! Hadn't thought a key push could be playing a part here, but indeed this is clearly described in the manual now that I've checked that section. I expect I inadvertently pressed F11 at some point to save the off-centre position.

I'll modify the topic title as it's misleading, since this was just down to lack of product understanding on my part.