Page 1 of 1

Image for Linux doesn't boot on Intel® Xeon® Silver 4410Y

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:31 am
by elvinmammadov
Hello,
We are using Image for Linux, it works well. We have a new Dell Server X760XS with Intel® Xeon® Silver 4410Y. Image for Linux doesn't boot on this server. Security Boot is also disabled in Bios. We tried also with the latest version of Image for Linux, but it doesn't boot. When it starts to boot, then it is frozen. It happened in UEFI Mode. I changed UEFI Mode to BIOS Mode, then in the booting process, it gives a Kernel Panic message. Maybe Image for Linux is not compatible with this processor.
Could you please help me to solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: Image for Linux doesn't boot on Intel® Xeon® Silver 4410Y

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:06 pm
by TeraByte Support
are you using the latest version?

are you using the x64 bit kernel version?

what does the Linux kernel panic say?

Re: Image for Linux doesn't boot on Intel® Xeon® Silver 4410Y

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:42 pm
by elvinmammadov
We are using the latest version 3.62 with 64bit.
1. In BIOS Mode, it gives Kernel Panic message, doesn’t continue. I am attaching a video link for your review.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/184OakD ... sp=sharing

2. In UEFI Mode, it starts and it doesn’t continue, it shows only the following. I am attaching a video link for your review.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17osvJf ... sp=sharing

3. I have tried the older version 3.46, it doesn’t also boot. I am attaching a video link for your review.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18BGxts ... sp=sharing