BIOS (Direct) in conjunction with BootNow fails
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:57 pm
I think I've posted about this before, but, if so, I can't find the post.
Also, it's not clear to me whether the best place for this is here, in Image for DOS/Linux/Windows, Scripting or somewhere else.
Anyway, currently with BIBM 1.07a/IFD 2.69, using the IFD GUI, I can create images using either BIOS or BIOS Direct.
I have a script which is invoked via BootNow. This script creates images of several partitions in a single image file using BIOS. If I modify the script to use BIOS (Direct) (change b to d), IFD simply hangs. The backup progress screen comes up, but the percentage complete never changes from 0.
Also, it's not clear to me whether the best place for this is here, in Image for DOS/Linux/Windows, Scripting or somewhere else.
Anyway, currently with BIBM 1.07a/IFD 2.69, using the IFD GUI, I can create images using either BIOS or BIOS Direct.
I have a script which is invoked via BootNow. This script creates images of several partitions in a single image file using BIOS. If I modify the script to use BIOS (Direct) (change b to d), IFD simply hangs. The backup progress screen comes up, but the percentage complete never changes from 0.