Page 1 of 1

Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:25 pm
by pimjoosten
Since a while if IFL is started from a CD the option “Eject sr0 (drivename)” does not work anymore. I do not know exactly when this started to occur, it must be some time ago, because I have wanted to look into this for quite a while. To check whether my memory was right, I finally tested the oldest version I still have (v3.31) today and in that version the eject function still does work.

Re: Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:27 am
by pimjoosten
Bumping this issue, because it still exists in v3.62. It is quite an annoying issue, because IFL locks the open/close button of the DVD-drive. Normally, the only option to eject the CD is to use the Eject option of IFL. But now I have to manually turn off and on my USB DVD-drive before I can manually eject the CD or shutdown the computer when using an internal DVD-drive. Could you please fix this in the next release?

Re: Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:14 pm
by OldNavyGuy
Sounds like "Disable Auto Eject" is turned on.

Check your settings.

Re: Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:35 am
by pimjoosten
Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid that is not the issue. Disable Auto Eject is an option for backing up, restoring etc. and relates to the backup target. I am referring to the IFL CD itself which cannot be ejected anymore by right-clicking on the desktop and then choosing “Eject sr0 (drivename)”. This issue already occurs immediately after the IFL CD is booted, before any other action has been taken.

Re: Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:41 pm
by OldNavyGuy
I booted from an IFL UFD with an old DVD inserted, and was not able to eject the DVD, either through the menu, or the console.

I've long-ago moved away from using CDs/DVDs.

I use a UFD for booting, and an external USB drive for backups, so fortunately, I don't deal with CD/DVD issues (and the expense) anymore.

Re: Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:30 am
by pimjoosten
Thanks for confirming the issue. I know that many people have switched to UFD's, but I still find CD's/DVD's easier to manage. Also, I use CD/DVD-RW, so I can reuse them many times.

Re: Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:37 pm
by pimjoosten
I just tried to see if this issue has been solved in IFL v3.63, but unfortunately the issue is still present. Could you please solve this in the next release? It is so frustrating having to switch off and on my CD player in order to be able to remove the IFL CD.

Re: Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:35 am
by TeraByte Support
haven't been able to reproduce it. It opens the drive here - is it only when booting from the device or even if you used a UFD it doesn't eject it on your system? Did you ever send a report?

To create and save a report from the IFL Boot Disk, see the KB article at this link:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=585

Re: Eject CD function in IFL does not work anymore

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:24 pm
by pimjoosten
Thank you for your reply.

The issue also occurs when booting from a UFD. I have just sent an email to the support email address with the IFL Boot Disk report and further information.