Two questions: error updating to 3.60 and restore sees no target drive
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:03 pm
Hello,
I’m trying to restore a windows 10 image taken from a Dell Optiplex 5490 120gb in size to a new Dell Optiplex 7410 that’s 256gb in size but IFW recovery disk tells me all the partitions are too small. So I decided to load up my windows 10 usb, blast the partitions and got to a desktop (had to have the windows boot disk find and update Intel rapid storage drivers to see any partitions but that seems to be the norm now with modern Dell’s)
Then booted IFW recovery usb, selected the image and still it says the drive is too small. Even unchecking Simple Operations, when I choose the target it says “Target Location would Overlap existing partitions”. Well. Fine by me. I just want the image laid down. When simple operations is unchecked when I select where to restore to the hard drive isn’t visible. I’m wondering if it’s because IFW also doesn’t have the Intel rapid drivers that I had to put on my windows boot disk? Is there a way to add them to IFW if that’s even possible?
Lastly, on my laptop I’m just updating IFW and it stops the upgrade on TBNotify.exe access is denied Code 5. I forgot what the solution is to fix that but doing a search on the forums comes up empty. Sorry.
Thanks
Philip
I’m trying to restore a windows 10 image taken from a Dell Optiplex 5490 120gb in size to a new Dell Optiplex 7410 that’s 256gb in size but IFW recovery disk tells me all the partitions are too small. So I decided to load up my windows 10 usb, blast the partitions and got to a desktop (had to have the windows boot disk find and update Intel rapid storage drivers to see any partitions but that seems to be the norm now with modern Dell’s)
Then booted IFW recovery usb, selected the image and still it says the drive is too small. Even unchecking Simple Operations, when I choose the target it says “Target Location would Overlap existing partitions”. Well. Fine by me. I just want the image laid down. When simple operations is unchecked when I select where to restore to the hard drive isn’t visible. I’m wondering if it’s because IFW also doesn’t have the Intel rapid drivers that I had to put on my windows boot disk? Is there a way to add them to IFW if that’s even possible?
Lastly, on my laptop I’m just updating IFW and it stops the upgrade on TBNotify.exe access is denied Code 5. I forgot what the solution is to fix that but doing a search on the forums comes up empty. Sorry.
Thanks
Philip