User Manual Version Number

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Muad'Dib

User Manual Version Number

Post by Muad'Dib »

You folks are pretty good about updating the user manual when a new version comes out. However, I've noticed that while the manual displays a revision date on the title page, it doesn't display the software version number of the software. Could you possibly include the version number in future documentation releases? I have several different versions running on different systems (not just for Image, but for BootIt and TBOS as well), and this would make it easier to ensure I'm reading the correct manual for the version currently installed.
TeraByte Support

Re: User Manual Version Number

Post by TeraByte Support »

It's installed or included with the software so the version would match (the .zip ones have it in the .zip the .exe installer installs it, and latest is always on the website. We only update the manuals when something needs to be updated.
tas3086

Re: User Manual Version Number

Post by tas3086 »

I'd suggest that you include the "Version History" text in the first/last page of manual. This would give us not only the version number of this release, but would also give us the changes that may be indicated in the manual, especially new options, features, and changes.