Small iconsistency with Image for Windows 32 bits

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
MerleOne

Small iconsistency with Image for Windows 32 bits

Post by MerleOne »

Hi,
I have an Ockel Sirus B, a micro PC that runs Win10 32 bits with a small config. Recently Windows got corrupt and I was lucky to have a drive image made some years ago by IFW. Only the Image For Linux was able to boot as a recovery media, only the 32 bits version also.
I was surprised to see that when I use IFW (3.57) on this PC and want to create, using tools, a IFL bootmedia, it proposes to create the x64 version (which fails on this 32 bits architecture). Having installed the 32 bits version of IFW, I would have expected the bootmedia to be 32 bits also.
I was able to download the bootmedia creator from my registered downloads but it would be easier for the user to have the corresponding 32/64 bits version of Image for Linux created from a Windows machine where it is installed.
Thanks !
.merle1.
TeraByte Support

Re: Small iconsistency with Image for Windows 32 bits

Post by TeraByte Support »

basically the window install has both, but only one ifl version because the size of it. since most systems from the past decade are x64 and the i686 version won't boot on computers sold in the past couple years, the x64 is the default.
MerleOne

Re: Small iconsistency with Image for Windows 32 bits

Post by MerleOne »

Hi,
Thanks for your answer, I understand better now. Maybe a warning for the IFW 32 bits version when one create a IFL 64bits version recovery media would be nice so that the user know the recovery media won't boot on his system if it has a 32 bits architecture.
Anyway, thanks for the clarification and great product !
.merle1.