IFL v3.57 UEFI backup/restore USB fails with secure boot enabled

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
merckxist

IFL v3.57 UEFI backup/restore USB fails with secure boot enabled

Post by merckxist »

When I boot with an IFL USB, it only runs if secure boot is disabled. The computer is configured as dual-boot, Win 10 and Ubuntu 22.04. The error is I get is "Verification failed: (0x1A) security violation". I had an identical boot error from the boot manager I use (rEFInd) to select either of the OSes in normal use. In that case, the developer found that new versions of shim-signed (e.g., provided by Canonical Ubuntu) would not allow boot programs to launch unless they contained an SBAT space to accommodate the latest security features of secure boot. Is this a possible issue for IFL or is there some other problem here? The v3.57 documentation states that IFL should work with UEFI secure boot.
TeraByte Support

Re: IFL v3.57 UEFI backup/restore USB fails with secure boot enabled

Post by TeraByte Support »

As long as you're using the latest version it is updated, old versions won't work once you install a new Windows or Linux OS because the old shims are now blacklisted and they apply it. You need to ensure 3rd party certificates are enabled in the BIOS as well.

If Acer (or similar) see https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... -computer/ which would apply to any boot media.