VSS and PHYLock
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:21 pm
Hi,
My question is stupid, that is why I ask it...
So far, since IFW 1.19 (?), I've made all my backups with PHYLock. Never had one issue.
It seems that now VSS has taken precedence over PHYLock.
I have a lot of system images, in various places. Some are old (but all made with 3.18 (?) or upper)
Now the stupid question:
Is there any downside to have a mix of backups made with either PHYLock or VSS, with a view to restore the system, obviously.
Thanks et Bonne Année!
Paul Brussels Belgium
My question is stupid, that is why I ask it...
So far, since IFW 1.19 (?), I've made all my backups with PHYLock. Never had one issue.
It seems that now VSS has taken precedence over PHYLock.
I have a lot of system images, in various places. Some are old (but all made with 3.18 (?) or upper)
Now the stupid question:
Is there any downside to have a mix of backups made with either PHYLock or VSS, with a view to restore the system, obviously.
Thanks et Bonne Année!
Paul Brussels Belgium