If I could only keep 1 program this is it
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:19 am
I have been using Image for Linux since 2009 and it has saved me so many times. I have been frustrated with the Phylock system since day one and after years of frustration trying to get it to work ended up setting the timer on one minute and just forgot about it. For a while I thought it was working after one minute then figured it wasn't but pretended it was. I never had any problems with any backups but wanted it to work correctly so I kept fiddling with it but could never get it to lock. I finally moved to VSS. I didn't understand it and it worked so fast I figured it wasn't doing a good job so I went back to Phylock but was constantly disappointed. So back to VSS. It worked great and restores worked so I stuck with it. I worked with backup speeds and got my backups very fast using gen 4 NVME drives and 75 gig backups completing in around 90 seconds in 1 gig clusters/ second. The problem was consistency. I had to stop other programs from interfering. Things I have to do every time before I start each backup is, stop any peer to peer program, completely stop my anti virus program, and stop World Of Warships. You need to stop any program that is connected online that will interfere with the backup process. I love doing backups every day and it is so fast.
Someone gave me my first copy of IFL to try and I have purchased it 3 times, I enjoy it so much.
Someone gave me my first copy of IFL to try and I have purchased it 3 times, I enjoy it so much.