Boot menu change suggestion

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
tas3086

Boot menu change suggestion

Post by tas3086 »

My bios changes based on what is plugged in at the time. Unfortunately USB drives change the bios disk ordering, or adding and removing hard drives, or bouncing between new UEFI and old BIOS boot options.

This requires constant boot menu HD disk selection changes.

Here's the suggestion.
Modify the Edit Boot Menu HD selection option to accept a Physical HD order number (todays option) or a NTSIG or GUID Disk ID number. The NTSIG and GUID numbers never change as system bios reorders the hard drives. Or Better Yet: When editing the menu HD number, and ask to use one of the 3 (Physical, NTSIG, or GUID) options for the future, as it is easy for bootit to determine these numbers from the physical HD number at edit time.

Thanks
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Boot menu change suggestion

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The "Use Boot Item Disk IDs" option is for that purpose (Settings, General section).
tas3086

Post by tas3086 »

excellent ! I never noticed that item, I will give it a try. Thanks.
tas3086

Post by tas3086 »

Works exactly as expected. I wish that I would have noticed this feature sooner. It would have saved me a lot of time. I'll pay a lot more attention to your change notices from now on. Thanks again.