Error Code 98
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:42 pm
Here's another error.
(1) What is the faulty File/Drive?
I assume that there was a problem with the e: drive and file ... this time?
(2) and: Do not abort if you want to ignore these errors.... means ... abort if you want to keep these errors.
I do not understand this double negative statement. Abort here means to keep a backup file that has known errors? I would think that abort means that you do not want to keep the backup file at all, and terminate the current operation.
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] E:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro\win\IMAGEW64.EXE /ue /b /base:1@0x1:\2022-10-18-0730-E_DRIVE-.TBI /f:1@0x1:\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-E_DRIVE-(I)-
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] Image for Windows (x64) 3.55
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] Starting ...
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] IMAGEW64.EXE /b /uy /u /sch:{DB2E5BBB-876E-4D3F-859D-FAD967BEE27B}@0x1:"\" /base:{DB2E5BBB-876E-4D3F-859D-FAD967BEE27B}@0x1:"\2022-10-18-0730-E_DRIVE-" /f:{DB2E5BBB-876E-4D3F-859D-FAD967BEE27B}@0x1:"\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-E_DRIVE-(I)-" /v /comp:11 /hash
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] Windows 10 Pro 21H2 64-bit (10.0.19044.1.100)
[10/19/2022 12:08:38 AM] PHYLock is waiting for drive writing to stop ...
[10/19/2022 12:08:47 AM] PHYLock using drive E:
[10/19/2022 12:08:47 AM] PHYLock Started
[10/19/2022 12:08:47 AM] PHYLock Using Disk
[10/19/2022 12:08:47 AM] PHYLock version 14
[10/19/2022 12:08:51 AM] Backup: Drive 0 (E:) E_DRIVE Volume (403) 195.31 GiB NTFS
[10/19/2022 12:08:51 AM] Target File: I:\2022-10-19-0008-E_DRIVE-(I)-.TBI
[10/19/2022 12:08:51 AM] Total Sectors:409,600,000 (195.31 GiB) Sectors to Process:380,673,896 (181.52 GiB)
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM] A hard drive error occurred while reading 128 sectors from LBA 925042856.
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM] Do not abort if you want to ignore these errors.
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM]
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM] Do you want to abort the operation?
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM] Elapsed 0:00:10:08
[10/19/2022 12:18:45 AM] Operation Completed with Error Code 98 (Failed)
[10/19/2022 12:18:45 AM] Unable to read from device
[10/19/2022 12:18:45 AM] Stop
(1) What is the faulty File/Drive?
I assume that there was a problem with the e: drive and file ... this time?
(2) and: Do not abort if you want to ignore these errors.... means ... abort if you want to keep these errors.
I do not understand this double negative statement. Abort here means to keep a backup file that has known errors? I would think that abort means that you do not want to keep the backup file at all, and terminate the current operation.
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] E:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro\win\IMAGEW64.EXE /ue /b /base:1@0x1:\2022-10-18-0730-E_DRIVE-.TBI /f:1@0x1:\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-E_DRIVE-(I)-
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] Image for Windows (x64) 3.55
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] Starting ...
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] IMAGEW64.EXE /b /uy /u /sch:{DB2E5BBB-876E-4D3F-859D-FAD967BEE27B}@0x1:"\" /base:{DB2E5BBB-876E-4D3F-859D-FAD967BEE27B}@0x1:"\2022-10-18-0730-E_DRIVE-" /f:{DB2E5BBB-876E-4D3F-859D-FAD967BEE27B}@0x1:"\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-E_DRIVE-(I)-" /v /comp:11 /hash
[10/19/2022 12:08:36 AM] Windows 10 Pro 21H2 64-bit (10.0.19044.1.100)
[10/19/2022 12:08:38 AM] PHYLock is waiting for drive writing to stop ...
[10/19/2022 12:08:47 AM] PHYLock using drive E:
[10/19/2022 12:08:47 AM] PHYLock Started
[10/19/2022 12:08:47 AM] PHYLock Using Disk
[10/19/2022 12:08:47 AM] PHYLock version 14
[10/19/2022 12:08:51 AM] Backup: Drive 0 (E:) E_DRIVE Volume (403) 195.31 GiB NTFS
[10/19/2022 12:08:51 AM] Target File: I:\2022-10-19-0008-E_DRIVE-(I)-.TBI
[10/19/2022 12:08:51 AM] Total Sectors:409,600,000 (195.31 GiB) Sectors to Process:380,673,896 (181.52 GiB)
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM] A hard drive error occurred while reading 128 sectors from LBA 925042856.
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM] Do not abort if you want to ignore these errors.
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM]
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM] Do you want to abort the operation?
[10/19/2022 12:18:44 AM] Elapsed 0:00:10:08
[10/19/2022 12:18:45 AM] Operation Completed with Error Code 98 (Failed)
[10/19/2022 12:18:45 AM] Unable to read from device
[10/19/2022 12:18:45 AM] Stop