Page 1 of 1

Error Code 64

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:08 pm
by tas3086
Every so often I see this error in my logs:

[01/11/2022 01:19:22 AM] Image file I:\2022-01-10-1120-Win10(32)-(I)-.TBI is missing data written on completion.
[01/11/2022 01:19:22 AM] Program exiting with error code 64

Can you explain what this means?

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:33 pm
by TeraByte Support
it means there is missing data in the file (program didn't finish normally or the file has been damaged). The last bit of data written to the file doesn't exist.

You can try /recover option but depending on what is missing, it may not get back something working.

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:57 pm
by tas3086
I assume that if the .tbi file was corrupted, then it was found during the validation phase, and the backup-to drive is bad. If corruption was found
during the backup phase, then the backup-from drive is bad and one should be able to determine the file(s) involved somehow?
In either case there was a corruption on the backup from or to drive. Which is it, for this error 64 !!
The error implies the TO drive, but I want to be sure.

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:13 am
by TeraByte Support
You'd have to show the full .log.

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:22 pm
by tas3086
This is the log:

[01/11/2022 01:19:22 AM] E:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro\win\IMAGEW64.EXE /ue /b /base:1@0x2:\2022-01-10-1120-Win10(32)-(I)-.TBI /f:1@0x2:\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-Win10(32)-(I)-
[01/11/2022 01:19:22 AM] Image file I:\2022-01-10-1120-Win10(32)-(I)-.TBI is missing data written on completion.
[01/11/2022 01:19:22 AM] Program exiting with error code 64

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:21 pm
by TeraByte Support
the "Full" log.

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:41 pm
by tas3086
thats all that was available

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:56 pm
by Bob Coleman
Assuming IFW is being used (I don't know if this can be specified via the GUI) there is a command line option /logl: and ini value LogLevel= to specify how much is logged. See page 145 of the manual and probably use the value 9 to get the "Full" log.

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:49 am
by TeraByte Support
So it wasn't part of the same operation, it was something done prior, that file was either corrupted or the backup was canceled/exited prior to being done , (or unlikely windows didn't write the last bit of data to the drive).

Re: Error Code 64

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:51 am
by tas3086
That's the response I like to hear, Thanks.