Is BootIt UEFI remote reinstall possible

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
mnorris

Is BootIt UEFI remote reinstall possible

Post by mnorris »

I have a laptop out on the road and something has happened to BootIt UEFI boot menu and we cannot get it to display. The laptop immediately boots into the first partition skipping the BootIt menu.

When it is in our shop and this happens we just use the thumb drive to boot from and tell it to reinstall and all is fixed.

Is there anyway to perform a BootIt UEFI reinstall while being booted into an existing Windows partition on the laptop?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Is BootIt UEFI remote reinstall possible

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Does it need a reinstall or is it just the boot order? Sometimes Windows will take over with its entry. TBOSDT can be used to check if you have it installed. Also, make sure you have Fast Startup disabled.
mnorris

Post by mnorris »

I do have Fast Startup disabled.
I have tried to have the end user boot into "boot order" F12 choice with no luck.
In the past we have been able just change the boot order and BootIt would self heal itself.
Not so lucky this time.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Just to make sure, have you verified that TBNotify or BIU Partition Work don't offer the button to disable Fast Startup? In some cases, Windows will show it's disabled, but it may still be partially.

Since booting it fails, it will most likely be necessary to create the BIU UFD and boot it to do the reinstall/reactivate.
mnorris

Post by mnorris »

Correct, Faststart says disabled in the BIU partition, as well as I have a regkey inside each Windows partition that makes sure that is also turned off during logon/logoff process.

Thanks for the quick replies and assistance!!