Page 1 of 1

Restored drive is missing space.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:46 pm
by Ktel
Hello,

I did an ifw backup of a 1 TB exFAT drive.
I restored it to a 5 TB drive.
I worked perfectly except the 5 TB Drive then only had 1 TB available.

I redid the restore but checked the 'scale to target' box.
The restore worked but the 5 TB drive now has 3 partitions.
The first is the restored drive in a 2047 GB exFAT.
Another is 2609 GB unallocated.
The last is 11 MB unallocated.
Is there a way to get it to restore and just have one large partition?

Thank you.

Re: Restored drive is missing space.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:14 pm
by TeraByte Support
MBR/EMBR with 512 byte sectors has a max size of 2TiB. You'll need to change the disk type to GPT, then restore just the partition (scale to fit to make it larger).

Re: Restored drive is missing space.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:27 pm
by Ktel
Thanks for the help.