Can't write to sector 127
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:17 am
Using BM 1.07a. I tired a copy of one hard drive to another and around 2% I
get a message can't write to sector 127 and gives LBA of 3130790.
I can click on Yes "Ignore Errors and Continue" or on "NO" and either way it
locks up. I tried several times and each time it comes up within 1 or 2 %
about sector 127 but a different LBA number.
I tried copywipe and it copied OK.
I ran a short Seagate Diagnostics tool for DOS as it is a Seagate drive. It
passed. I will tomorrow try the long test.
I also did a chkdsk /f and a /r. I am running Windows Vista. Can't read the
summary cause it goes by so fast and can't seem to find the winlogon log in
Event Viewer like I use to be able in Win XP to see what the summary was.
However after the computer restarted after running the chkdsk /r, it did say
it ran chkdsk and showed the file system was clean.
Just wondering if this sector 127 thing means the drive is bad or should I
assume it will be OK ??
Thanks for any info,
Ed.
get a message can't write to sector 127 and gives LBA of 3130790.
I can click on Yes "Ignore Errors and Continue" or on "NO" and either way it
locks up. I tried several times and each time it comes up within 1 or 2 %
about sector 127 but a different LBA number.
I tried copywipe and it copied OK.
I ran a short Seagate Diagnostics tool for DOS as it is a Seagate drive. It
passed. I will tomorrow try the long test.
I also did a chkdsk /f and a /r. I am running Windows Vista. Can't read the
summary cause it goes by so fast and can't seem to find the winlogon log in
Event Viewer like I use to be able in Win XP to see what the summary was.
However after the computer restarted after running the chkdsk /r, it did say
it ran chkdsk and showed the file system was clean.
Just wondering if this sector 127 thing means the drive is bad or should I
assume it will be OK ??
Thanks for any info,
Ed.