installation of bare metal in virtualbox

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
andrzejp1+

installation of bare metal in virtualbox

Post by andrzejp1+ »

Good morning,

I was able to install Bootit bare metal in VMware workstation player 16 virtual machine . After that I could install my OS using image backups of four partitions . So far so good. :D

But I would prefer to do it in VirtualBox . BTW I am using Win10 as a host.

Trying to install Bootit (burned on DVD/R disc) in VirtualBox produces immediately error message with read errors. Some hints ? :oops:

Regards
Andrzej Popielewicz
andrzejp1+

Re: installation of bare metal in virtualbox

Post by andrzejp1+ »

Of course I know . that it is possible to create virtual vhd disc from physical disc using image for windows. I have created such virtual disc in XP .
What is is interesting this physical disc had bootit NG installation. And above virtual disc with bottit NG works fine in win10 virtualBox!!!. This is why I wonder why I have now problems with bootit bare metal.
Regards
Andrzej Popielewicz
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

It may not support booting the CD as an emulated HD, create two different ISO's one with disk imaging disabled (scripting enabled) and another with disk imaging enabled (scripting disabled) then install from both. You should be able to use ISO files. Although for UEFI booting, many of those VM's don't support UEFI booting through the ISO where as physical machines do (burned disc).
andrzejp1+

Post by andrzejp1+ »

Wow, tricky. Yes I could now install Bootit bare metal in VirtualBox in two steps. Thanks