Page 1 of 1

Backup file size

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:06 pm
by jeffw_00
I've been using IFW for over a decade (thank you oh Terabyte Wizards!). Back then, I confined individual backup file size to 2GB as some of my systems had that limitation. Never changed it. My thinking was also that it was easier to restart a copy of a backup in the middle with multiple files. But copies have gotten faster, machines more capable. I recently let an 80GB backup go to a single file, and it seems like it ran faster> Are there really any pros/cons to file size today? Thanks!

Re: Backup file size

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:15 pm
by jeffw_00
no one?

Re: Backup file size

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:46 pm
by Brian K
Jeff,

I use single file. Always have.

Re: Backup file size

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:32 am
by TAC109
Back in the Windows 95/98 days I used to limit the backup sizes to fit onto DVDs, but since then I just backup to 1 file. Much less clutter in the backup directory.