Page 1 of 1

Booting IFL on ASUS UEFI notebook

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:08 pm
by T-Rhex
I'm trying to boot IFL 3.41 on an ASUS UEFI notebook and I get the following:

Code: Select all

Loading vmlinuz...
error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'cd0'.
Loading initrfms.gz...
error: you need to load the kernel first.
I've successfully used TBWinRE boot, but I wanted to try IFL (as it runs faster).
I've disabled Secure Boot and don't see any option to boot Legacy.
I created the boot CD on a BIOS-based computer. Would that be the problem? Is there a way to launch it on the ASUS?

Thanks.
Trevor

Re: Booting IFL on ASUS UEFI notebook

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:42 am
by Brian K
Trevor,

Have you considered creating an IFL (3.50) UFD in the Asus Notebook? Any success with booting the UFD?

Re: Booting IFL on ASUS UEFI notebook

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:18 pm
by T-Rhex
Thanks Brian. I haven't tried a UFD. I'm guessing it's not working because the host computer I used when creating the media isn't UEFI (yep, it's old). I could create one from the Asus itself, but I had IFL already on a disc sitting around from my other PC and had assumed it would work. IFL just *always* works... so, just trying to figure out where the problem is.

Re: Booting IFL on ASUS UEFI notebook

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:59 am
by TeraByte Support
Try the 686 version if that old.