Hide partition reset every restart

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
luca.rings

Re: Hide partition reset every restart

Post by luca.rings »

Brian K wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:01 pm Can you try this scenario?

In Boot Edit, Edit Menu Item for the Win11 on HD 2. Enable Swap.
Look at MBR Details for HD 2. Use the Fill and Clear buttons so you only have the Win11 partition in HD 2.
Look at MBR Details for HD 0. Use the Fill and Clear buttons so you have no partitions in HD 0.
Look at MBR Details for HD 1. Use the Fill and Clear buttons so you have no partitions in HD 1.

Boot the Win11 item a few times. Confirm there are no other OS, apart from Win11, in Disk Management.

This is how you should have each of your Boot Items. Only one OS present in MBR Details. No OS present in MBR Details for the other two HDs.
Sorry you mean that now I have to convert all my Drive 0,1,2 again in MBR ?
Becuse in a previous post I read to convertt all drive in EMBR
I understand good ?
But in that situation HOW can i manage 2 OS ??

Tks
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

luca.rings wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:33 am
No, all disks are to remain as EMBR.
But in that situation HOW can i manage 2 OS ??
You only need to manage the OS that is booted. All other OS will not be seen as they aren't in MBR Details.
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

luca.rings wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:33 am
Don't get confused by the fact that Brian's instructions contain the letters MBR.

That doesn't imply that the disk should be MBR rather than EMBR. EMBR disks still have a Master Boot Record.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

luca.rings wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 pm I have 3 drive
1 DRIVE -> EMBR with BootIt and Windows 11 OS and Widnows 10 OS
2 DRIVE -> MBR 4 Partitions / 3 for both Windows 11 OS and Windows 10 OS and 1 HIDED for Windows 10 OS
3 DRIVE -> MBR 3 Partitions / 2 for ONLY for Windows 10 OS so HIDED to Windows 11 and 1 for both OS
How many Windows OS do you have? Do you have OS on each of your three drives?
luca.rings

Post by luca.rings »

I have only two OS, Windows 11 and Windows 10
Both OS are on the DISK 0 (M.2) with the BootIt partition
The disk is in EMBR
In the others two drive, normal SATA III drive, I have 7 partitions, 4 on DRIVE 1 and 3 on DRIVE 2
Windows 11 MUST see ONLY 2 partitions from DRIVE 1 and all 3 partitions from DRIVE 2
Windows 10 MUST see 2 partitions on DRIVE 1 and 2 partitions on DRIVE 2

I just tried many many configuration under BootIt, with or without Limit Primaries, with HIDE option on the partition to HIDE for every OS, with CLEAR partition to the partition must be HIDED for each OS, nothing !

At every power off/on, at least at 80% I will have WRONG partition on every OS ... I really don't know what more I can do.
Any Suggestion PLEASE
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

In Partition Work. In Drive Settings, make sure "Use Global Settings" is selected for all 3 drives.

In Partition Work. Check Properties for each partition in your computer and make sure none are Hidden. The Actions Button should show "Hide".

Make sure all 3 disks are EMBR.

Settings, General, make sure Limit Primaries doesn't have a tick. It could be greyed out. That's OK.

Boot Edit, Win11 item, Edit. In MBR Details on the right you should only have the Win11 partition in HD 0
In HD 1 use Fill and Clear to enter the partitions you want Win11 to see.
In HD 2 use Fill and Clear to enter the partitions you want Win11 to see.
Click OK, OK

Boot Win11. Are the correct partitions present in Disk Management?

Now set up the Boot Item for Win10.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You may need to enable the "Use Boot Item Disk IDs" option in settings. It's possible the drives are showing up in a different order for each boot, which can cause issues.

Note that you can do a simulated boot for each OS and then check what is getting loaded into the MBR for each drive using Partition Work. That way you can verify if that part is configured and working correctly before trying to actually boot into Windows. To do a simulated boot, hold down the left Shift key when clicking the Boot button on the Boot Menu (you should hear a beep if sound is supported). Then click on Maintenance to return to the desktop and click on Partition Work. From there, select each drive and then click View MBR and check what is actually loaded into the MBR.
luca.rings

Post by luca.rings »

Tks for your BIG help, I will try it
luca.rings

Post by luca.rings »

It's WORKING good now !
Tks for you help, the solution was to enable "Use Boot Item Disk IDs" in option settings
I don't know why my drive showing different at every boot, mybe the old BIOS ?
But with that setting all its working good

Tks again