2Tb to 4Tb solution

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
TeraByte Support

Re: 2Tb to 4Tb solution

Post by TeraByte Support »

glad you got it worked out (FWIW, I had presumed only a single machine was involved). Also the machine purchased already had BootIt installed?
atomeromu

Post by atomeromu »

Basically I bought a pre installed SSD from the seller. He made this system on a DELL Latitude E6420 and he installed and made a specific BIBM to it to make it work. When I received the SSD I put it into my Panasonic CF53 MK4 and than he logged into my system and finished all the installation partition by partition. Everything is still working perfectly but as a precaution I wanted to have a backup and here is all my trouble started. Yesterday I finally decided to go with the solution what Brian mentioned to have 2x2Tb SSD intalled to my laptop and both with BIBM installed and multi booted. As far as I read I can not make a multiboot GPT 4Tb system even if I want to have only Win 10 installations on it. Since the latest updates has been released on all my software so now they can be run under Win 10 so no more hassle with Win 7. So now using my old backup I`ll try to install fresh Win 10 instead of all the Win 7 partitions. I still have to read a lot how to do it but that`s the plan.
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

atomeromu wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:20 pm As far as I read I can not make a multiboot GPT 4Tb system even if I want to have only Win 10 installations on it.
I'm not sure why that would be true, but I'm not an authority on the matter.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Bob Coleman wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:46 pm I'm not sure why that would be true,
I agree with Bob.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

MBR/EMBR is limited to 2TiB for 512 byte sector size. Hybrid booting is not standardized enough to not cause problem. You can use UEFI if you want.