2Tb to 4Tb solution

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
atomeromu

Re: 2Tb to 4Tb solution

Post by atomeromu »

Thanks Brian, but I`m not too familiar how to slide in IFL partwork. Also do you think as I have nearly 120Gb free space now on this SSd will I be able to make a copy to a 2Tb SSd now? I`ve followed the copy procedure as you mentioned earlier and it always said the target disk is too small. Will it make a difference with that much free space now on it?
atomeromu

Post by atomeromu »

Sorry I didn`t get it first what does it mean IFL but figured it out later on so now I`am using Linux partwork to slide and it is much more faster, thanks. I`ll try to do a copy under Linux and also a backup too. Thanks bud!
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

You need to create free space at the very end of the drive. Do some resizing and sliding of partitions so you have around 100,000 MiB of free space at the end of the drive. Then you probably won't need to use "Scale to Fit" and the Copy or Restore procedure will be faster.

100,000 MiB of free space after "Tuning".
atomeromu

Post by atomeromu »

So far I had to use "Scale to fit" option and it copied successfully. However every system boots up fine without any issues except the Win 7 x86 partitions. During boot up I receive a blue screen error: STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 )
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

Either hardware compatibility issue or one of the drivers you have installed on it is causing a problem (corruption or bad memory is also possible).
See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... -mode-trap
atomeromu

Post by atomeromu »

I`ve successfully made a direct copy from the original SSD to a new SSD using IFL Partwork. Didn`t have to use the "Scale to fit" option this time as I followed Brian`s suggestion and moved all the free space to the bottom of the partition table and it let me to do a straight copy this way. The problem remains the same. I`ve swapped the freshly copied SSD with the original back into the same laptop without any modifications and all 3 Win 7x86 partition boots into blue screen like before. I ran a full diagnostic self test on the laptop and all the test passed. No hardware issue. Put the original SSD back and all the partitions are working again. It seems the copy is messing up something in the system. Only difference is the 2 SSD`s make and size. I don`t get it.
https://ibb.co/r5dptrJ
https://ibb.co/RpMmQPQ
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

atomeromu,

Can you try this? Original SSD in the laptop. Boot IFL and create a backup image of one of your Win7 partitions. Swap SSDs so the new SSD is in the laptop. Boot IFL and restore the image over the top of that failed Win7 partition.

Check your BIBM Win7 Boot Item to make sure it's correct.

Does the Win7 boot or BSOD?
TeraByte Support

you should chkdsk /f your drives before copying then.
atomeromu

Post by atomeromu »

So Brian, I did a backup of all 3 partitions one by one just in case and for testing purposes. I even choose "validate" and "validate byte to byte" option but sadly it made no difference. None of them boots up fully they all do BSOD.

TeraByte support team would you advise me which is the best way to do chkdsk /f on these drives?
TeraByte Support

what bsod? What is the partition layout? What exactly are you trying to do at this point, I have no clue, you won't be able to use areas above 2TiB to boot Windows on MBR/EMBR. What do you mean what is the best way to run chkdsk /f ? You just provide the drive letter to check and may have to check on a reboot.