Problem making ISOs for BIBM and BIU

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
ohaya

Problem making ISOs for BIBM and BIU

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

I downloaded the Bootit Collection zip file from the product page ("BootIt Collection (BIU V1.28, BIBM V1.76)"), and unzipped the files.

I wanted to make an updated ISO for BIBM (I sometimes use BIBM in a VirtualBox virtual machine when I test), so I unzipped the ZIP file into an "EXPLODED" directory, changed to that directory, then I ran makedisk.exe.

I select PC Platform(BIOS), and went through the pages. On the Target page, I clicked ISO and enter "bibmnew" in the browse box, then clicked "Finish", and I got a "bibmnew.iso" file.

Then I setup my virtual machine to point to the bibmnew.iso file, and started the virtual machine, but when the virtual machine booted and I selected to boot from CD, I got an error:

BOOTIT EMBRL 4.00

Read error loading EMBRM!
System Halted

I tried pointing the same virtual machine to an older BIBM.iso that I had, and it booted into BIBM fine.

Is there something about the newer BIBM ISO that would make it no longer be to boot under VirtualBox?

Thanks,
Jim
TeraByte Support

Re: Problem making ISOs for BIBM and BIU

Post by TeraByte Support »

The emulation if you put everyone on one will be HDD emulation instead of FDD emulation. Appears your VM doesn't support that, so you'll need to create two, one with scripting disabled and another one with scripting enabled but imaging disabled, then install both. You can also perhaps use a UFD or setup a virtual hard drive with it just for booting.
ohaya

Re: Problem making ISOs for BIBM and BIU

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

I don't understand what you are suggesting. Can you clarify what you said, esp. the 2nd sentence?

Are you saying that if I run makedisk but unselect the scripting and enable imaging, that it will create an ISO that will be bootable in the VM?

Also, I want to remind you that the older BIBM ISO files that I have all boot fine in the VM, even now.

Thanks,
Jim

EDIT 1: Ahh! Actually, I just tried what I *think* that you were suggesting. I ran the makedisk to create a BIBM iso (BIBM176.iso) but unchecked the "Scripting support" checkbox and created the ISO. I then pointed the VM to the BIBM176.iso and booted and selected "CD" and it booted into BIBM!!

I am still curious why I had to do this now? Was the "Scripting support" not checked in the earlier BIBM makedisks?

Also, what am I now missing since I unchecked that "Scripting support"?