BPB HD Num

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
nemesis

BPB HD Num

Post by nemesis »

Hi,

I get the message "Correct BPB HDNum" when I open the partition work window.

The reason I suspect i get this is that when I add a USB disk to the system that stick receives HDNum 0. Which screws up many things.

I assume this is something the BIOS does. Is there a way to work around this dreadfull behavior?

Regards,

Davy
TeraByte Support

Re: BPB HD Num

Post by TeraByte Support »

you get it when you view properties of a partition, it only matters if it's a bootable partition and if it's not booing, if it's not a bootable partition and working don't fix it, if it doesn't boot, you can fix it, as if it's not a bootable partition it doesn't matter if you fix it or not.
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

It is a bootable partition, it does work though. The partition giving the error is the efi partition which houses BootIT and the error occurs in bootit.
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

The other question is a USB stick being added as disk 0. Which breaks the BootIT menu. Is this something We can resolve?

For instance by having bootit use the guid instead of the bioshdnum.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

it won't matter on UEFI if you fix it. It's only legacy type OS boot partitions that it could affect.

Is the UFD with BootIt or just when attached. I think the setting you're looking for is to enable "Use Boot Item Disk IDs".