TBWinRE doesn't load WiFi profiles

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
PsychBiller

Re: TBWinRE doesn't load WiFi profiles

Post by PsychBiller »

Yes, I disabled background initialization. Yes, I am using the profile name shown by the netsh wlan show profiles command. Yes, it will connect from the command prompt or from the Tools menu.

Something doesn't work because the net use command in InitScript doesn't seem to work. When I check the drive letter assignments from the Tools menu, drive Z: isn't present. Yet I can connect from the command line.

InitScript.CMD is a black box. I can't tell what is being executed unless the command itself displays something. I have no errors in TBLauncher.log.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Assuming the commands are correct in InitScript.cmd, it could still be a timing issue for the connection (20 seconds may not be long enough). If you wait a minute or two after it's booted and InitScript has finished and then open a Command Prompt and run InitScript.cmd again, does it connect and map your share?

You could add ipconfig to InitScript and put a pause command at the end so the window stays open. Does ipconfig show the address was assigned?

For example:
netsh wlan connect ProfileName
timeout 20
ipconfig
pause
PsychBiller

Post by PsychBiller »

It works!

First thing was to disable the auto-connection of Wi-Fi profiles in the Build Options. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that this allows InitScript.CMD to be in charge of connecting to WiFi and mapping the share. The second thing was to increase the timeout in InitScript.CMD to 60 seconds after the netsh wlan connect command. I also tossed in a 10 second timeout after the net use, just to be safe.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Nice. Glad you got it working.

It shouldn't matter if the Wi-Fi auto-connect option is enabled or disabled since it's only used for system profiles in that version. However, nothing wrong with it being disabled.
PsychBiller

Post by PsychBiller »

Thank you for being so responsive and sticking this out with me. I've wanted to get this configured for many years, and just never got around to it.