BIOS Only Sees 128GiB of 160GiB Hard Disk
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:00 am
I have a 160GiB PATA hard disk installed in my old Windows XP laptop.
The BIOS will only see 128GiB of this disk, and I have the latest BIOS
installed.
In BiBM, Partition Work only sees 128GiB, unless I change the Bus
field to BIOS (Direct), in which case all the disk is seen.
Is it safe to set 'Bus' to 'BIOS (Direct)' and create partitions in
this last area of the hard drive? What problems could occur if I use
the last 32GiB of my hard drive in this way?
TIA
The BIOS will only see 128GiB of this disk, and I have the latest BIOS
installed.
In BiBM, Partition Work only sees 128GiB, unless I change the Bus
field to BIOS (Direct), in which case all the disk is seen.
Is it safe to set 'Bus' to 'BIOS (Direct)' and create partitions in
this last area of the hard drive? What problems could occur if I use
the last 32GiB of my hard drive in this way?
TIA