BIU Inaccessible Boot Device

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
RossB

Re: BIU Inaccessible Boot Device

Post by RossB »

nemesis wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:53 am I also had the issue of the BIOS at random activating the Windows Boot Manager. I resolved this by creating a WBM partition and housing all windows boot records there. Set the new partition to type "data" so the BIOS won't try to boot from it.
Hello,

What is a "WBM" partition?

Are you saying that you moved the Windows boot files out of your Windows partitions? Which specific files and folders did you move and did they come from standalone Windows installations with no separate boot and recovery partitions (except for the EFI partition with BIU)?
nemesis

Re: BIU Inaccessible Boot Device

Post by nemesis »

edit: added link to proper description

Windows Boot Manager

Not exactly. I moved the boot files in the efi partition to a new partition which I called WBM. The name can be wathever you want though.

I created said boot records using a script which is called fix boot. tbs if I remember correctly.

For my use case I do not have a Windows Recovery partition and I do not need it. I do have a custom Terabyte WinPE clone facility on a separate partition.

As for the exact files and locations I'll add those when o wake up tomorrow.

full description here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3818