BootIT UEFI through iKVM mouse not working [Answerred]

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
nemesis

BootIT UEFI through iKVM mouse not working [Answerred]

Post by nemesis »

Hi,

I am able to use the keyboard in BootIT UEFI through iKVM but the mouse will not respond. Is there a way to fix this?

If I connect a mouse through USB directly on the system the mouse works and I see the pointer move through iKVM.

Through iKVM the mouse does work when in Windows 10 and when in WinPE created with "Image for Windows".
Last edited by nemesis on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nemesis

Re: BootIT UEFI through iKVM mouse not working

Post by nemesis »

Hi,

Does anyone have an answer to this? I need a resolution for this since control through the keyboard is a pain for the end user!

Regards, Davy
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

I don't have an answer, but I'm curious if the mouse works through iKVM when you boot the system into the UEFI bios. If it doesn't work there then I would think it's unlikely to work in any UEFI program. Are there any settings available that control how the "mouse" is "connected" to the system?
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

Hi Thnx,

I'll try that! I tried it in WinPE but never in the BIOS. I'll get back to you on monday!

Regards,

Davy
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

Hi,

just wanted to get back to you on this. It indeed seems a issue unrelated to Terabyte's software. The supplier of the hardware/BIOS/iKVM is looking into it.
ohaya

Re: BootIT UEFI through iKVM mouse not working [Answerred]

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

Sorry for dropping in, and I don't know what iKVM is, but I recently had a situation where I have a laptop and a tower PC, and an Asus monitor that has several ports (DP, HDMI1 and HDM2). Because the monitor has multiple ports, I hooked up the laptop to one port (DP) and the tower to the HDMI1 port, so I didn't need a KVM, but just a way to switch the keyboard and mouse between the laptop and the tower.

I found a USB switch on Amazon and tried that, but I found, for some reason, that the laptop would only see the keyboard and mouse AFTER Windows had started. They did not work during the laptop POST and did not work when BIBM was running. I eventually got it working.

What I found was that if the USB switch was connected directly to one of the ports on the laptop, then the mouse and keyboard (going through the USB switch) would work. If I plugged the USB switch into a (even powered) USB hub to the laptop, the keyboard and mouse did not work until after Windows itself started.

It appears that the USB hub was somehow not enabling power on the hub-to-USB switch connection until Windows was starting.

Anyway, I don't know if the problem you are having may be similar, but wanted to mention it.

Jim