BootIt UEFI autorun script from USB thumb drive

User discussion and information resource forum for scripting of TeraByte products using script lanugages such as TBScript, VBScript, Batch Files, and more.
mnorris

BootIt UEFI autorun script from USB thumb drive

Post by mnorris »

Is there a way to make a USB thumb drive that contains BootIt UEFI run automatically and perform a reinstall?

Background: I have Win10Enterprise laptops out in the field with multiple Win10 partitions. The laptops will sometimes lose the BIBM primary boot and begin only booting directly into a single partition. The end user is then not able to get into any other partition. The solution is for IT to "reinstall" BIBM UEFI and it is back to correct operation. Sometime it is just the boot order that is messed up and sometime the BOOTUEFI partition is not even visible in BIOS.

For what it is worth, I think the BIBM UEFI boot failure thats starts the problem is due to Windows update that expects to reboot back into the same partition and the user probably goes to a different partition (but I cannot prove it).
TeraByte Support

Re: BootIt UEFI autorun script from USB thumb drive

Post by TeraByte Support »

If you have the automatic reactivate option enabled and the boot option is still in the BIOS boot selection menu, you can just choose that from that BIOS menu.

Otherwise, you can also look to use the scripting support to build a script that changes it depending on what needs to happen, either the UEFI boot item or is it the files need to be copied over (\efi\boot\bootx64.efi , \efi\boot\bootx64.dat) ?
mnorris

Re: BootIt UEFI autorun script from USB thumb drive

Post by mnorris »

I do have the auto reactivate option enabled, I will have to look and test on the next one and see if the option is there to boot in the BIOS.

I am not sure what is missing before I do the reinstall, I will investigate further and compare files from a working machine to one that is unable to boot into BootIt UEFI and then I will have more information to come back to you with.