BootIT installer does not work as expected (Answered by Terabyte))

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
nemesis

BootIT installer does not work as expected (Answered by Terabyte))

Post by nemesis »

Hi,

I've had a number of issues the last couple of days:
- I create a new BootIT installer with the same version, but different configuration. When I choose to reinstall the old configuration stays as it is.
- I had an issue where the BIOS wasn't seeing the BOOTIT installation to boot from in UEFI. Wiping the HD did not work! I had to switch it to MBR and then back to GPT to get the BootIT installer to actually work again. The installer ONLY seems to work when the target system is prepared exactly right!
Last edited by nemesis on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeraByte Support

Re: BootIT installer does not work as expected

Post by TeraByte Support »

1 - by design the existing settings stay, if you uninstall and reinstall then it would pull from the boot disk.

2 - You can create several different formats on the UFD for odd ball BIOSes, the default works with the most systems, if you have one that isn't able to handle some normal formats, you can choose those different options, from unpartition, partitioned, bios int 13 extensions, GPT, etc.. depending on for UEFI or normal BIOS.
nemesis

Re: BootIT installer does not work as expected

Post by nemesis »

@1: Thank you. Wasn't clear from the manual to me so you might want to add that to avoid confusion. In the end it's not really an issue. Just not what I expected.
@2: Thank you for the explaination. I will keep it in mind.